Mm Mm good I say! A friend wanted this recipe, so I thought I would share it with you all. It is from my momma and is pretty easy. Easy enough that I’ve never messed them up.
Chris and I now make these together every Christmas morning. You can also pre-make the crepes and then just fill and bake. This recipe will make plenty for two, so you’ll have leftovers. It is strawberry cheesecake in the morning: bliss.
Strawberry Cheesecake Crepes
30 minutes; makes 10-12 crepes
|I serve the sauce on the side for an option|
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup flour
1 cup milk
1/2 cup water
1 Tbsp oil
Mix batter; cook immediately or refrigerate for several hours
1 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
1 cup sour cream
3 Tbsp butter
2 10 oz. packages frozen sliced strawberries, partially thawed
2 Tbsp grated orange rind or lemon peel (I prefer lemon taste over orange, but both are good.)
4 tsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp sugar
1. Make the batter or take it out of the refrigerator and preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Take the strawberries out to partially thaw (I run under warm water for a few minutes) and take cream cheese out to soften
3. Heat a buttered or sprayed medium sized skillet on medium
4. Once hot, place approx. one cup of batter in the skillet
5. Swirl the batter around to make sure it is equally distributed around the edges. Should be a thin batter coat.
6. Once it starts to cook, carefully lift up edges with a spatula, letting batter from the top drip underneath; you may also place a loose foil covering over the top to help cook the top of the batter. This is very quick because it is so thin.
7. Once crepe is cooked, flip it onto a plate and continuing cooking the rest. Put a towel over the plate to keep them warm.
8. Beat the cream cheese until smooth and gradually add the sour cream; set aside
9. Puree strawberries in blender and put in saucepan.
10. Add butter, orange rind/lemon peel, lemon juice and sugar to saucepan.
11. Heat sauce to boiling
12. Take one crepe and place a large spoonful throughout the middle and roll up.
13. Do with the rest of the crepes, placing them in a slightly buttered baking dish.
14. Pour half of the sauce over crepes.
15. Bake for 15 minutes.
16. Take out and pour remaining sauce over the top for serving. (Optional: powdered sugar on top)