I am a big fan for salt and sweet – together! Wonderful friend, Ashley Dancer, tried both of these pretzel snacks and voted them not only as big party pleasers (kids & adults), but very easy with minimal ingredients as well.
peanut butter pretzel bites
60 – 80 pretzel bites
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp softened butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar (maybe more)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar (maybe more)
- 1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
Combine peanut butter and softened butter in a large bowl with a fork or whisk, or in a stand mixer. Add the sugars and mix to combine. At this point if the filling will roll easily into balls without sticking to your hands you’re ready to go. If not, add a little more of each sugar until you reach a consistency that is easy to roll (I used about 3/4 cup of each sugar).
- Use a teaspoon measure to scoop the filling. Roll each portion into a small ball, then sandwich them between two whole pretzels. When all the balls are rolled and successfully sandwiched, stick the whole tray in the freezer for about half an hour.
Pour the chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl and heat at 30-second intervals, stirring occasionally until completely melted. Remove the pretzel sandwiches from the freezer and quickly dip each half-way into the melted chocolate. Return to the tray and repeat with remaining sandwiches. When all are dipped, return the tray to the freezer to set up completely. Store the sandwiches in the refrigerator until serving time.
I love this recipe, you can mix and match any flavor of Hershey Kiss and M&M’s for a twist on this sweet treat, or simply change up the M&M color scheme for each holiday. I used Red & Green ones for Christmas and the classic colors for Super Bowl.
- Mini Pretzels
- Hershey’s Kisses
Preheat the oven to 275 degrees. Place pretzels on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper.
- Place a Hershey’s Kiss on top of each pretzel. Bake in the over for 3 minutes – the kisses should be melted all the way through, but still in its original shape. You can test to see if they are ready by taking an M&M and placing it in the center and pushing down. If you can push down easily all the way, they are done. Otherwise, put them back in the oven until ready.
Take them out and push an M&M inside the center of each kiss and press down. Let them cool on the cookie sheet until hard.