The bags and boxes have come out of the attic. A bonus to having another girl – you already have all the stuff! I was excited to revisit some of my favorite items. Here is my momma-must-have list:
1. BOB stroller: Pricey, but completely worth it if you are a jogger or walker. My husband and I call this the three-wheel-drive of strollers. It has no problem going up and down curbs or trekking through mud and over rocks. It is easy to fold up, has lots of storage and has an infant car-seat adapter (works for popular car seats) for newbies. If you don’t want to spring for a new one, used ones pop up often on Craigslist.
2. Bumbo seat: I am so glad they created this light-weight, easily portable, quickly cleanable seat. Not only did this help gain posterior strength when our little A was just learning how to sit-up, but it was a staple in our house past one-years-old. Yes, they did have a recall and now supply restraint belts. My opinion: just be a smart mom. Don’t put the Bumbo on the counter, and watch your baby if they are a wiggle worm.
3. WubbaNub: In addition to the Soothie being our go-to pacifier (princess-A got plugged hours after being born), we love our WubbaNub’s. It made it fast to find in the dark, big crib and easier for the little one to put in and take out herself. Plus, they are super cuddly and cute. These make a great gift for an expecting momma! www.wubbanub.com
4. Petunia Pickle Bottom diaper bag: Another splurge, but there is a reason why these are rated the best diaper bags. After not getting one the first time, I realized how important it is to have a diaper bag that cleans easy, organizes everything well, and is cute (I mean, you bring the thing everywhere). Also, get a matching clutch to slide inside so when you just have to pop in a store, you don’t have to bring all the extras. www.petunia.com
5. LilyPadz: These make breastfeeding a little bit more glamorous. Instead of those cotton spaceships that our moms used, these silicone, reusable stick-ons are breathable, comfortable and work. You can find them at most stores, including Wal-Mart.
6. Praise Baby DVD’s: These calming music videos work magic, and I’m not the only mom who can attest to that. A perfect DVD for when you are going to quickly jump in the shower, these have beautiful imagery and lovely, soft worship songs that you won’t mind listening to over and over again. These can be found sometimes in stores or www.christianbook.com and Amazon.
7. Boppy pillow: A must-have for sure. Makes the perfect nursing companion, and is a great place for your newborn to take a snooze, or just sit and relax.